Monday, December 10, 2012

The Jane Austen Death Match

Even though I was first published over twenty years ago, I still get my share of rejection slips (or emails).

And every fiction writer has "problem" stories, that no one seems to want to publish.  This is more common when the story doesn't fit neatly into a single genre.

I've read this story, "The Jane Austen Death Match," several times in front of live audiences.  I KNOW it gets a good response.  But no one wanted to publish it.

Until today.  It's now online at Clever Magazine.  You can read the story here.

Now to tell the literary journals who were considering this story that it's no longer available.

4 comments:

  1. Tony - Congratulations. I enjoyed your bizarre, funny story.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story, Tony. I can see why it's done well with audiences. There's no fluff to it, no dead air, and it's absolutely unpredictable, right down to the level of the characters themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure, John. Will I see you next week at the BVWG party?

    ReplyDelete