Thursday, December 4, 2008

10% of Everything...

Back in 1951, the late science fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon came up with this axiom:
Ninety percent of everything is crap.
This eventually became known as Sturgeon’s Law.


I just spotted this reversal of Sturgeon’s Law on the blog BurnLab:
Ten percent of everything is extraordinary.

Now, I don’t know if the BurnLab poster, Michael Doyle, came up with that reversal. But it’s pretty good, and a lot more positive. Enough so that it’s my quote of the week.

By the way, the next time you hear someone pontificate that “There are only two types of people in the world,” you have my permission to step on their punch line and say, “Yes – those who separate people into two types and those who don’t.”

I’ll be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment